At KrakenCasino, we are committed to ensuring the well-being of our players, and for this reason, we have made responsible gambling an integral part of our customer care policy and social responsibility. We feel responsible for our customers and we take it upon ourselves to ensure that you enjoy premium wagering experience on our platform while remaining fully aware of the negative implications of gambling problems.
Gambling should be treated as a form of entertainment and not as an income generating activity. A majority of players share the same viewpoint and they endeavour to remain within their wagering budgets, but some find it more challenging. If you’re one of those struggling to keep their gambling habits in check, you can use the following tips as guidelines to help you maintain moderation.
• Always remember that gambling is a fun pastime or form of recreation and not a genuine way of making money.
• Refrain from chasing losses by keeping in mind that there’ll always be another day
• Keep track of your expenditure and the amount of time you spend on gambling
• Only gamble what you can afford to risk
• Do not hesitate to get in touch with our support team if you feel that you need to take a break from gambling. We have a range of self-exclusion products to help you achieve this.
• Contact one of the organisations we have listed below if you feel your gambling habit has gone out of control.
Identifying a problem
While we advise our players to seek help whenever they feel that they have a problem, some don’t even realize that they have issues with their gambling habits. You can easily know whether betting has a negative impact on your life or that of your loved one if:
• You have failed to attend work or college because of gambling.
• You gamble alone for long periods of time.
• You gamble to escape boredom, after arguments, or whenever you feel disappointed or frustrated.
• You have received criticism for your gambling behaviour before.
• You gamble until you lose all your money and you feel that you have to recover your losses as soon as possible after a loss.
• You feel desperate when you run out of gambling money.
• Gambling has made you lose interest in hobbies, family, and friends.
• You lie to cover up the amount of money or time you spend on betting, or you have lied/stolen/borrowed to maintain your wagering habits.
• You feel depressed or suicidal because of gambling.
• If you have been through any of the experiences listed above, we recommend that you contact the organizations listed under Gambling Counselling Organisations for help and support.
We recommend that you contact our customer support team for self-exclusion if you feel that you need to take a break from gambling. When you do this, your account remains closed for 3 months and we cannot reactivate it until the exclusion period is over. Alternatively, you can also request to have your account frozen for 7 days so that you can cool off.
We also advise that you remember to contact other gambling companies you have registered with to ask for self-exclusion so that your plan can work effectively. In addition, you can consider installing the software we have recommended on the Filtering Systems section on this page to block access to online gambling systems.
Apart from requesting to self-exclude yourself from gambling, we also allow you to set limits so that you can be able to manage the amount of money and time you spend on betting. To set the limit, log into your player account, go to settings, select self-limitation then fill the Monthly loss limit or Monthly win limit or both. Once the loss/win limit has been hit, you will be unable to make deposits, withdrawal or bets for a period of one month from the time the parameter has been set.
You can utilize the "Limit the site use for" under the limit section to set exclusion to our website for a period of 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 14 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year. During the selected period, you will be unable to make deposits or bets.
Gambling Counselling Organisations
GamCare: Contact the organisation for counselling, advice, and practical support to help you approach your gambling issues. Confidential helpline for UK residents 0845 6000 133. Residents of other countries can visit www.gamcare.org.uk for contact details of other international support organisations.
Gamblers Anonymous International: A fellowship of other gamblers who have come together to find solutions to their gambling issues. You can connect with the fellowship via www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk.
Gambling therapy: Offers support and counselling to anyone with adverse gambling problems. You can connect with them via www.gamblingtherapy.org
KrakenCasino responsible gambling policy prohibits underage gambling on our site, and we do not allow persons aged below 18 years to open player accounts on our site. To enforce this policy, we carry out age verification checks on all our members to ensure that they are of legal gambling age. Please note that some of these checks are random and Kraken Casino management will cancel your winnings if we find you do not meet our age requirements. In addition, we may also report you to the police for underage gambling.
Filtering software allows you to regulate internet access using set criteria. You can use these systems to block access to internet gambling sites if you share a computer with underage family members or friends or during your self-exclusion period. Some of our recommended solutions include:
Net Nanny™: www.netnanny.com